What should I expect during the healing stages?Last Updated: October 20, 2019
In every PMU procedure, our body will undergo the healing process. Many are a bit uneasy and have many questions about this period. Keep in mind, essentially these procedures are creating tiny wounds in our skin as our bodies' natural defense will repair the wound. Here's what you can expect :
- Day 1: Your brows will look detailed and some redness may occur
- Day 2-3: Normally, you will not see too much change in this period. You may experience some redness or feel swollen.
- Day 4: Color will become darker.
- Day 5-6: Don't panic during this stage! This is when scabs are starting to show. It is not recommended to peel them off as it affects the healing process. The color may become weak, this is still part of the healing period.
- Day 7-10: Scabs start to flake off and you will see some patchiness. This is normal, DO NOT pick it. Let it naturally fall off on its own.
- Day 11-14: Scabs will be completely gone and the color will be lighter.
Normally, it takes a full 3 weeks before its final result. It is crucial to follow the aftercare instructions provided by your artist to achieve the best result
If for any reason you are experiencing any other symptoms other than stated above, it is best to see a physician.